In a recent interview, Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness producer Shuichi Kobayashi and tri-Ace progrmamer Yoshiharu Gotanda revealed a few key details about the next entry in the sci-fi RPG series. Specifically:
- The title is set between the second and third installments (Second Story and Till the End of Time).
- Gotanda originally wanted the first Star Ocean to be entirely science fiction, though it was believed the title wouldn’t sell without fantasy elements.
- The protagonist, Fidel, is 23 years old; Gotanda originally wanted an older main character.
- Private actions, item creation, and affection rating events will return.
- Cutscenes will more often be smoothly integrated with field movement, though there will also be more traditional cutscenes.
- There are no battle transitions; combat takes place on the same field as movement. Battles were likened to those of Infinite Undiscovery.
- More than six characters can fight together, and players can set AI rules for each character.
- Similarly, all party members will be displayed on screen both in and out of battle.
- Kobayashi indicated a desire to make more Star Ocean sequels, adding that this would be dependent on sales of Integrity and Faithlessness
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is set for a winter release on PS3/PS4 in Japan, and a 2016 PS4 release for North America and Europe.