I know, awful awful pun. I shall punish myself accordingly by eating this blueberry muffin. Anyway, we’ve got us some news!
- Wasteland 2‘s Kickstarter surpasses all expectations, especially mine. Let the blood sausage festival commence!
- Obsidian is forced to lay people off and cancel a next-generation project. I’d like to blame that Bethesda-New Vegas- Metacritic contract shenanigans, but the reality is slightly more complicated.
- Through a truly unexpected twist of fate, Giant Bomb winds up back inside the GameSpot offices from whence they came. Awkwaaaard~
- Incidentally, GB’s Dave Snider wrote an excellent column about finding work in games media. Well worth a read for even the most discouraged would-be content creator.
- Speaking of interesting columns, Joystiq’s Rowan Kaiser breaks down the year that Western RPGs… well, broke down. Also a fascinating read, even if you disagree about when PC RPGs hit their Golden Age.
- Mass Effect 3‘s ending makes such a splash that it bypasses traditional spoiler alerts. While I don’t spoil it myself, I do go over what it means for BioWare if they don’t address the criticism post-haste.
- Baldur’s Gate gets an enhanced edition, Microsoft gets a new Peter Moore, and more!