At a recent demo event for Beyond the Labyrinth, Konami and tri-Ace revealed yet more details about the upcoming 3DS RPG. Of particular note are the following:
- Difficulty options include normal, hard, super hard, ultra hard, and hyper hard. The setting can be changed in mid-game, but your clear history will show only the lowest difficulty you used at any point.
- Pressing B will fast forward through event scenes.
- Apart from the previously mentioned outfit editing system, players can apparently import custom creations from outside the game and trade them with others over the internet.
- Save points will fully regenerate your health. You can also partly heal up at special points in the field.
- Party members will converse during battle, and these conversations are logged for reference.
- Estimated playtime is around forty hours.
Just in case you had the urge to mess with the heroine’s costume in Beyond the Labyrinth, tri-Ace has you covered. The game will include various tools to recolor, edit, and accessorize Labyrinth‘s signature character, even apparently down to her hair color. Naturally this is strictly cosmetic and will not impact the gameplay.
I know, I was also looking forward to stopping enemies with laughably bad fashion sense, but the heart must move on.
Konami has set the release date for Beyond the Labyrinth as January 19, retailing at ¥5,800. The official site for tri-Ace’s 3DS RPG also went live, and can be located over yonder.
This week’s Famitsu has revealed a few details about Beyond the Labyrinth, tri-Ace and Konami’s upcoming 3DS RPG. Defined as a “3D Dungeon RPG,” the game puts you in charge of a four-person party tasked with escaping the titular labyrinth. The white-girl featured in screenshots, previously thought to be the main character, is but one of these companions.
A map takes up the lower screen, and exploring the dungeon reveals more of the map. Additionally, while there is a formal battle system, monsters will be visible in advance.
Upcoming tri-Ace title Beyond the Labyrinth, a dungeon-based 3DS RPG, will feature music from Motoi Sakuraba. A veteran composer, Sakuraba has worked on several tri-Ace games before, including both the Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean series.