“Farron” is a Scottish word meaning “great hair.” Continue reading ‘Mass Media 04/28/12’ »
Posts Tagged ‘Class of Heroes (series)’
Dungeon crawler Class of Heroes is getting a more RPG-like adaptation, innovatively titled New Class of Heroes. Little information has been given, but the PSP title is set for a July 19 release.
Ah, 16-bit-era Shadowrun. Come for the cyberpunk revenge plots and foxgirls, stay for the considerable XP/money grind so you can break the game in half. Good times, both SNES and Genesis. Anyway, on to the news:
- Sony’s financial woes catch up to them, doubling their loss forecast and forcing 10,000 layoffs. “Holy s***, now what?” indeed, Mr. Hirai.
- Jack Tramiel, Commodore International founder and the man behind the C64, died at 83. Yet another legend in the tech field that I knew almost nothing about.
- Peter Molyneux speaks out about leaving Microsoft for his indie venture. Will it change the world, or will it OH JUST REMAKE SYNDICATE ALREADY GODDAMNIT
- The Better Business Bureau weighs in on the Mass Effect 3 ending furor, which is my personal “this has gone way too far” threshold.
- Meanwhile, Victor Ireland rather gloriously misreads Steam’s effect on RPG sales, while his own Clash of Heroes 2 Kickstarter falls well short of its goal. Time to serve the Newell? I’d say so.
- Wired’s Chris Kohler takes a scalpel to the argument that used games are hurting the industry. The conclusion: the industry is hurting the industry.
- Project X Zone‘s creators are among the least likely to localize anything, Wasteland 2‘s Kickstarter coasts to a comfortable finish, and more!
Howdy-ho, all! Just squeezing in some media before the weekend. Bit tight on time, so without further ado here’s what we have: Class of Heroes 3DS, Disgaea 3: Return, Disgaea 4, Dragon’s Dogma, Fermi Naju 3, and Final Fantasy Type-0. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 08/19/11’ »
The hard part about rolling up a fresh New Vegas character in preparation for Lonesome Road is remembering all the little things you can do along the way. To wit: I could listen to Chief Hanlon talk for hours. Anyway, time for some media. In today’s update: Class of Heroes 3D, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, Half-Minute Hero 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.
Continue reading ‘Mass Media 07/30/2011’ »
And to cap the evening off, how about some nice, relaxing media? Don’t get up; we deliver. Here’s what we’ve got for you: Class of Heroes 3DS, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Frontier Gate, Noora to Toki no Koubou, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, and Rune Factory 4.
Continue reading ‘Mass Media 07/17/2011’ »
Evening, folks. No fancy intro this time, just some media if you’re in the mood for it. In this update: Disgaea 4, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono 3D, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, and Tales of Xillia. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 06/28/11’ »
The 3DS entry in the Class of Heroes series has a release date of July 7, priced at ¥5,880. Alongside this, further information was released about the game’s various features:
- The game supports Spot Pass, which lets you check the party information of other players.
- New to the 3DS entry is the “Around View System,” which lets you poke around dungeons for secret items.
- Pets appear in support roles, giving you bonuses that vary depending on how you feed them. You’re limited to one pet per character.
No word has been given about a US release.
Valkyria Chronicles is the only game around where a woman gives birth in a tank. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 10/01/10’ »
Expect a lot more of these with E3 happening. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 06/13/10’ »