I don’t know about you guys, but I dropped my pacifist playthrough right then and there. But enough about how I pass the time waiting for Mass Effect 3, it’s time for the news! Here’s what we’ve got:
- A fake Pokemon Yellow gets into the iOS App Store and places at #3 on the chart. How did an obvious counterfeit get by Apple’s screening process? The answer is in the question.
- The above prompts discussion about how Nintendo should release its games on iOS, followed by Pachter claiming the Wii was a bubble. I explain why that word doesn’t mean what he thinks it means, using Nintendo’s gigantohuge pile of cash and utterly puny debts to illustrate.
- Beloved podcast group Idle Thumbs launched a Kickstarter project to fund their return. Yeah, I’ll throw some money down to see these guys return. In a related story, Double Fine’s project is up to $2.2mil. Yikes.
- The Last Story has been confirmed for North America. Two down, one to go! The Wii needs stuff like this to smooth the transition to the Wii U.
After a lengthy stay as a 360 exclusive, Alan Wake finally makes the jump to PC… and recoups porting costs in two days. Serve the Newell and share in His bounty.
- OK’s violent videogame tax dies in committee, fewer videogame transactions are using credit cards, and more!