Come one, come all, we got all the news you have time for and then some! Well, okay more like all the news I can squeeze into a 15-minute podcast. And, well, actually it’s more like news and analysis and WHATEVER YOU’RE NOT THE POLICE OF ME!
In today’s cavity-fighting* episode:
- Minecraft studio Mojang, which I took a stab at pronouncing, finds itself sued by ZeniMax over use of the word “Scrolls.” I wish I were joking, and so does Bethesda.
- Someone looks to hand Rovio a fat sack of cash for purposes yet unknown. Who could benefit from Rovio owing them money? Oh, where to begin.
- 3DS analysis: Reggie discusses where it stumbled and the plan for going forward. Yeah, who among us could have predicted that launching without Zelda could be a problem?
- Meanwhile, Sony refuses to blink in reaction to the 3DS price cut. All they have to do is not run stupid advertising. How hard could it be, right? …guys?
- Reggie also makes passing mention of “watching what happens in Europe” when asked about Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora’s Tower. Deliberate troll or accidental? You decide!
- What doesn’t worry me: Lonesome Road‘s delay. What does: the possibility of being unable to convey my confusion over whatever Ulysses’ deal is.
- As promised last week, I offer a semi-postmortem on the recent market insanity and what lies in store for us down the road. Bottom line, brace yourselves and get popcorn.