Yaknow, you can say what you want about Silent Hill: Downpour, but when it comes to being tense and creepy it doesn’t screw around. The actual enemies and combat are pretty naff, but it does a fine job instilling a sense of dread. There are rooms I just do not want to enter. I consider that a mission accomplished for a horror game.
Anyhow, on to the news:
- The Consumerist wrapped up their online poll for 2012’s Worst Company in America. EA jumped to the front faster than you can say “biased sampling data.” And speaking of EA…
- Mass Effect 3‘s Extended Cut DLC was announced, prompting LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE. A PAX East BioWare panel offered some more information, likely only stoking the fire at this point.
- An industry analyst predicts doom for Nintendo, which happens often and just as often is disproven. What’s new here is getting basic facts wrong.
- Get your credsticks out: a Shadowrun Kickstarter launched and met its goals handily. Check it out here, chummer.
- Gamasutra ran a survey about salaries in the games industry, with some surprising data. Long story short, I’m in the wrong line of work.
- Sonic the Hedgehog‘s creator winds up at Nintendo of America, Final Fantasy Versus XIII music winds up in Theatrhythm, and more!