#DanceEmergency Continue reading ‘Mass Media 03-27-16’ »
Posts Tagged ‘Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness’
If I’m not sober, you’re not getting the drop on me. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 02-16-16’ »
In a recent interview, Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness producer Shuichi Kobayashi and tri-Ace progrmamer Yoshiharu Gotanda revealed a few key details about the next entry in the sci-fi RPG series. Specifically:
- The title is set between the second and third installments (Second Story and Till the End of Time).
- Gotanda originally wanted the first Star Ocean to be entirely science fiction, though it was believed the title wouldn’t sell without fantasy elements.
- The protagonist, Fidel, is 23 years old; Gotanda originally wanted an older main character.
- Private actions, item creation, and affection rating events will return.
- Cutscenes will more often be smoothly integrated with field movement, though there will also be more traditional cutscenes.
- There are no battle transitions; combat takes place on the same field as movement. Battles were likened to those of Infinite Undiscovery.
- More than six characters can fight together, and players can set AI rules for each character.
- Similarly, all party members will be displayed on screen both in and out of battle.
- Kobayashi indicated a desire to make more Star Ocean sequels, adding that this would be dependent on sales of Integrity and Faithlessness
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is set for a winter release on PS3/PS4 in Japan, and a 2016 PS4 release for North America and Europe.
Send for a medic so I can kill him too. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 05-09-15’ »
With a fifth Star Ocean title confirmed in the works – under the official title of Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness – producer Shuichi Kobayashi and director Hiroshi Ogawa spoke briefly about the game in a recent interview. The pair confirmed that the screenshots released so far have been in real-time, with Kobayashi stating that “you’ll move between events and battles seamlessly.”
When asked about downloadable content, he responded that DLC was not planned at this time, adding that “Personally, I’m of the opinion that if we have time to make such DLC, it’d ultimately be better spent just working on our next game, as that’ll make people most happy.”
No release date has been given at this time.