Good evening, folks! My kingdom for a newsman fedora, but the show must go on. At least until Deus Ex: Human Revolution lures me back in with its siren song. Goddamn but that game is hard to put down. Anyway, let’s get to the news:
- GameStop opens PC copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution to remove OnLive coupons. Square Enix, like everyone else, had forgotten GameStop sells PC games.
- MCV conducts a survey of games journalists about the industry, with some surprising consistency in their answers. Check the full thing out here, it’s worth a read.
- Steve Jobs vacates his position as Apple’s CEO, prompting everybody to panic before he can finish his sentence with “…but staying on the board of directors.”
- BioWare’s Greg Zeschuk gives an interview with VG 24/7; the internet hears ‘RPGs’ and ‘less relevant’ and takes it from there. Go Team Knee-jerk! (Full disclosure: I do mourn the absence of big-budget Baldur’s Gate-style RPGs.)
- EA and Starbreeze Studios may be developing a new Syndicate game. Somewhere, Peter Molyneux is feeling an unexplained pang of regret and loss.
- A Latitude Research survey attempts to dispel old myths about gamers, the .hack series gets a movie when they really need a (better) game, and more!