Happy Sunday, folks! Yeah, I know, getting up for work is no fun, so why not put off going to bed a little while longer? Stick around and let’s talk some news. In today’s award* winning** broadcast:
- Wii 2 speculation is a go: higher definition, screens in the controller, competitive specs with the 360 and PS3. Well, at least two are plausible.
- 3DS to sell 11.6 million units by year end, or, to hear doomsayers tell it, “3DS UNDERSELLS DS BY 1.6 MILLION!”
- iOS/Android get a better share of the handheld market. Analysts jump to conclusions speculate how this affects Nintendo.
- Stardock’s Wardell insists that Half-Life 2 Episode 3 has been delayed because of Steam. I, too, have trouble finishing things when I’m making $Texas. Of course I have trouble even without the money, a trait that Valve seems to share.
- Mass Effect and Persona 4 get “the animes.” Ohhh goody.
- Jay Walker, of Walker Digital: Suing everybody over alleged minor IP violations erry day.
Continue reading ‘What Happened This Week – The Other Half of Wii’s Life’ »
Goooood evening, friends! It’s news roundup time, and have we got some stories for you. Here’s the latest:
- Stardock CEO speaks out on selling Impulse to GameStop, but the reasoning behind the sale remains unclear. Also, he claims his fingers were broken in a “boking” accident.
- Nintendo and Sony commiserate over stock price and handheld launch woes. Those two should get together more often.
- Sony says price isn’t a make-or-break factor for a platform’s launch. Uh-oh.
- Rumor mill discussion over an alleged Sony insider leaking E3 2011 details. Kaz Hirai and Jack Tretton to fight to the death confirmed.
- EA thinks it can take on Zynga. Details to follow in the documentary Wall Street 3: Make Games or Die Trying.
- Ubisoft thinks it can take on EA and Activision. Their likely response: “Ubi-who now?”
- BioWare’s Mass Effect 2 deal, PopCap Games loses their mind, and much more!
Continue reading ‘What Happened This Week – Impulse Buys and Picking Fights Poorly’ »