Posts Tagged ‘The Witcher 3’
As was the case with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will be publishing The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt for its North American release. The title has a 2014 release window for PS4, PC, and Xbox One.
German website World of Players has dug a surprising amount of information from a PC Games preview of The Witcher 3. The major details are as follows:
- No quicktime events (oh, thank god).
- Geralt can target specific body parts in combat, using action points or some variant thereof.
- Players will be able to hunt animals for crafting materials; Geralt’s senses allow him to track these creatures.
- You’ll use horses and boats to get around, along with more traditional fast-travel options from known locations.
- Players will not be restricted by invisible borders; the game’s three main areas will be accessible at the start.
- Saves from previous Witcher games will be importable, which affect character relationships but not the main story.
- Speaking of the main story, it runs about 50 hours, with side content pushing that closer to 100.
- The Witcher 3 will have a tutorial at the onset, unlike its predecessor.
- PC and console UIs will be designed differently.
The game is planned for a 2014 release on PC, PS4, and likely the next Xbox.