Note to self: if Recettear is any indication, EasyGameStation’s Chantelise is worth a look. It’s never too late to enjoy indie RPG goodness. But I ramble, this isn’t about me and my compulsive Steam purchases, it’s time for the news! Here’s what we’re covering:
- SCE’s Shu Yoshida explains why the Vita stumbled in Japan, and how for the US/EU release this time shall be different! We examine why it probably won’t be different at all, Steve.
- Jack Tretton confirms we won’t see any PS4 developments this year, freeing them up to
wait for Microsoft to release their specsfocus on the Vita.
- Meanwhile, EA plans some unusual marketing schemes for Mass Effect 3, including launching early copies of it via weather balloons into the stratosphere. Quoth Sarcastic Hawke, “What could possibly go wrong?”
- Brian Fargo of inXile Entertainment announces a Kickstarter plan to fund production of Wasteland 2. And here I figured it’d take months to test the limits of Kickstarter’s power.
- The Guinness Book of World Records crowns, by popular vote, Call of Duty: Black Ops as the best videogame ending ever. I wish I were kidding.
- One of BioWare’s more accomplished writers strikes out on their own, Bobby Kotick gets elected to Coca-Cola’s board of directors, and more!