I know, awful awful pun. I shall punish myself accordingly by eating this blueberry muffin. Anyway, we’ve got us some news!
- Wasteland 2‘s Kickstarter surpasses all expectations, especially mine. Let the blood sausage festival commence!
- Obsidian is forced to lay people off and cancel a next-generation project. I’d like to blame that Bethesda-New Vegas- Metacritic contract shenanigans, but the reality is slightly more complicated.
- Through a truly unexpected twist of fate, Giant Bomb winds up back inside the GameSpot offices from whence they came. Awkwaaaard~
- Incidentally, GB’s Dave Snider wrote an excellent column about finding work in games media. Well worth a read for even the most discouraged would-be content creator.
- Speaking of interesting columns, Joystiq’s Rowan Kaiser breaks down the year that Western RPGs… well, broke down. Also a fascinating read, even if you disagree about when PC RPGs hit their Golden Age.
- Mass Effect 3‘s ending makes such a splash that it bypasses traditional spoiler alerts. While I don’t spoil it myself, I do go over what it means for BioWare if they don’t address the criticism post-haste.
- Baldur’s Gate gets an enhanced edition, Microsoft gets a new Peter Moore, and more!
Continue reading ‘What Happened This Week – Let the Bio Beware’ »
XSEED has just launched the official website for Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, the PS3 entry in the long-running classic RPG series. Available solely through PlayStation Network, Wizardry is expecting a Spring 2011 launch.
Further information can be found on the site, located over yonder.
In a press release, XSEED announced that it will be bringing Acquire’s Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls to North America and Europe. The title is set for a digital-only release sometime this spring for the PS3.
The new Pokemon has a female professor. The world is ending. Continue reading ‘Not So Mass Media 06/19/10’ »
Expect a lot more of these with E3 happening. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 06/13/10’ »
Chibi Kairi and Zack in Birth By Sleep. My life is complete. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 12/16/09’ »
If any of you readers need a Christmas gift idea for me, I could use a new PS3 controller. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 11/27/09’ »
I’ll be 26 tomorrow. Somehow I feel a lot older than that. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 09/02/09’ »
Hang in there Slayer, I gotcha! Right after I eat this cake that’s mysteriously lying out on the table for some reason, on which that dead guy was apparently trying to write ‘poison’ before he keeled over. There we go! Now, on to save the good man from the – gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! *death*
In this update: Cross Treasures, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Age: Origins, Persona 3 Portable, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Wizardry: Dungeon of the Imprisoned Souls, Vandal hearts: Flames of Judgment, and Guild Wars 2. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 08/23/09’ »
Four treasure chests left in Wild Arms 5. Getting Nine Lives is exhausting, truly. Continue reading ‘Mass Media 08/13/09’ »
Acquire have recently, well, acquired the rights to the long-running PC RPG series Wizardry, and are bringing the next title in the series to the Playstation 3. Wizardry: Dungeon of the Imprisoned Souls – a dungeon being a good place to put imprisoned things, naturally – will be released this fall in Japan, downloadable through the Playstation store.
No information is available about a possible Western release.