Is this year going fast for anybody else? Maybe it’s my mad scramble to find another job, virtually any job, outside banking right now, so I’m just noticing the passing weeks more. Oh well. It’s news time! In tonight’s episode:
- Via Kickstarter, we have the Ouya: an open source, Droid-based console priced at $99. Surely this will spearhead the glorious indie revolution that upends gaming forever…
- …except the numbers don’t quite add up, there doesn’t seem to be a concrete prototype, no games have been confirmed, and its own supporters have made comparisons to the Phantom.
- Meanwhile, Nintendo plans to link the Wii U and 3DS through its online service, which will (initially) be free to use. Shiggy asks: but what of Metroid and Star Fox?
- Vivendi discreetly scopes out possible buyers for an as-yet-unconfirmed sale of its ActiBlizzard stake. Even money says they’re waiting for CODBLOPS 2 numbers.
- Pachter sez: EA may break out the long knives for John Riccitiello, with Peter More as a possible replacement. Should’ve kept the base! And not picked a fight with Activision.
- BioWare reveals its plans for the Ultima franchise: a free-to-play action/RPG. Ugh, BioWare, and you were doing so well with the Mass Effect 3 DLC! Why?
- The Last Story gets its worldwide release date, CERN may have found the Higgs-boson, and more!