Sorry for the delay, folks! Man, ME3 and Super Tuesday tomorrow! The political junkie and the Mass Effect fanboy are having a fistfight for dominance in my brain stem. Gonna be busyyyyyy~
Anyway, to the news:
- Mass Effect 3 comes out tomorrow, or, if pirates are to be believed, today. Guess somebody got ahold of one of those low-orbit packages. And speaking of which…
- …one of them got stuck in a tree north of San Francisco, boldly resisting an intrepid IGN team’s attempt to dislodge it. Well, at least bears weren’t involved.
- UK retailer GAME is in a bit of financial trouble, revealing they will be unable to stock Mass Effect 3 or Mario Party 9. Hey, guys? I know your parents probably told you honesty is the best policy and all, but, uh, you may have wanted to make something up this one time.
- The rumor mill is abuzz that Valve may be developing a Steam-centric PC-slash-console with baseline stats for modern games. Hey Valve, Derek and I got this great idea for a mascot. You ready for this? He’s a scientist, see, and he’s fighting an alien invasion…
- Facebook gaming takes a sharp downturn from 2011, with the company having to work harder to draw in new users.
- By contrast, Zynga unveils their own content delivery platform to stand apart from Facebook, forgetting how they got so many people playing their games in the first place.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 makes like Daft Punk and goes around the world, Kinect gets a tinfoil hat accessory, and more!