In a recent interview with Famitsu, series director Tetsuya Nomura revealed a few choice tidbits about both Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix and Kingdom Hearts 3. Of particular note are the following:
- Kingdom Hearts 3 and the 2.5 Remix are being developed simultaneously by the Osaka team.
- Nomura has begun writing and editing for Kingdom Hearts 3.
- The team behind the 1.5 Remix is handling 2.5, and the process is moving quicker with the HD conversion system already in place.
- Re: Coded is not as long as 358/2 Days, though some of the events of Disney Worlds will have new representations. New voices are also being added.
- Scenes from Re: Coded tie into Dream Drop Distance.