News time, everybody! Get it while it’s hot, metaphorically speaking as the transfer of information is not linked to temperature! In tonight’s episode:
- Zynga’s stock takes a nosedive due to slashed earnings estimates and insiders dumped the stock months ago. Pardon me, I’ll be over here doing my “I called it” dance.
- Boston Magazine provides an in-depth postmortem on the many, many warning signs leading up to 38 Studios’ closing. Short version: Schilling mixed up baseball and business.
- Key developers come out strongly against Windows 8, with Gabe Newell saying Valve may encourage Linux development as a hedge. Mr. Newell, hedges are supposed to save money.
- Crunchyroll breaks down a Japanese poll showing the Japanese are no longer bullish on their own gaming industry. Clearly, the industry needs more ara ara~
- Square Enix takes to Twitter to confirm Versus XIII is still alive. CEO Yoichi Wada has to stop himself from saying it’ll be done “when it’s done.”
- FFXIV gets rebranded, Irrational Games uses Metacritic as a hiring requirement, OnLive joins up with the Ouya, and more!