Nothing like a dark and stormy night after a nice, warm Sunday. Welcome back, people! Hope you’re not too busy with last week’s offerings, because it’s time to recap the news, with a musical interlude reproduced by yours truly that originates from Get Your War On. In today’s episode:
- PopCap Games plans to go public, with Zynga, Facebook, etc. to follow. Gee, you think this bubble will protect us from all those pins lying around up ahead?
- China makes its own backed-by-the-army shooter, much like America’s Army but with US troops as enemies. Also with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the shooter.
- Sony’s ongoing hacking woes, compounded by Howard Stringer ripping stuff from the movie Sneakers. Someone get that man a Netflix account!
- Microsoft 360 update risks bricking consoles, after initial confusion as to which update it is. It’s okay, the people behind Windows know what they’re… oh god. Oh god.
- Sony announces plan to convert some PSP titles to the PS3. See, now we’re getting somewhere. Also, Jesus loves Valkyria Chronicles and so should you.
- Hideo Kojima and Metal Gear Solid art director Yoji Shinkawa have a dinner meeting. With Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada. So… yeah.
- Bad developer lists, used market scapegoating, Fox News being silly, and so much more!