I just want you all to know I wrote this all with that Yogurting flash synced to the Droyds remix of Armand van Helden’s “In Your Eyes” playing in the background. I don’t know why, I think I forgot it was on at some point. Catchy song, though. I digress. Welcome back, guys! In What Happened This Week, we discuss the following:
- Namco-Bandai files suit against CD Projekt’s parent company over The Witcher 2 distribution rights in Europe. Players express shock that Namco distributes games in other countries.
- Square Enix pursues legal action against unnamed individuals over the Deus Ex: Human Revolution leak. Unnamed… or Anonymous? Probably the first one.
- My reaction to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Ehhhhhhhhnnnnn….
- Zynga opens a studio in Toronto by buying an existing developing and absorbing them. Guys you already filed for your IPO, you can stop worrying everybody now. Guys?
- Indie developers voice their discontent with Xbox Live’s indie game service. Steam offers to be shoulder-to-cry-on guy while winking knowingly at the camera.
- I offer commentary and analysis on Senate Bill S.978, and where it fits in the larger picture of US political discourse. Short version: don’t panic, our problems are much bigger.