Summer rolls on and the heat just isn’t letting up. Who said suburban Chicago could turn into southern Louisiana? How’s everybody else out there holding up? If you’ve got time for the news, gather ’round and listen up. In this week’s episode:
- One of Sony’s insurance groups sues to avoid being legally liable for damage from the hack. Next time Sony, get them to agree before showing the bill.
- Gameloft stands accused of forcing its employees to work 100+ hour weeks and faking deadlines to maintain crunch time. And they thought Gameloft wasn’t ready for the big leagues!
- Capcom’s Twitter Guy accidentally implies fans are to blame for Mega Man Legends 3‘s cancellation. The internet reacts in the usual reserved and dignified manner.
- 1UP posts some interesting analysis on the decline in JRPG localization. It sure would explain an awful lot. Looking right at you Square Enix. Sega, you too.
- Wal-Mart prepares to publish its sales data for video games. I’m sure that internal memo marked “Join Us Or Die” is just for marketing purposes.
- Zeboyd Games announces that jumping to Steam caused sales to skyrocket. #pcgamingmasterrace